Hi there,
Interesting question.
Is there a reason why, if you intend running windows 3.11, that you do not want to use the MS dos closely associated with that windows at the time? 5.0 6.0, or 6.22? My guess about ms dos 7.1 is that it draws from a much later infrastructure.
I run that edition of DOS, but I do not use windows in any form.
Just starting the conversation,
Karen