Hi! Have you tried to have the disk exchanged
under warranty? Or are you trying to avoid loss
of data / avoid the repair people accessing it?

As I have no clue what could be broken in your
box, if you only want to rescue the data, the
best method without giving it away would be to
connect the harddisks inside the box directly
and internally to a Linux computer and see how
far you get accessing the raw partitions. Some
will contain the OS of the box, some will hold
config or temp data and some will have those
files which would normally be network accessed.

Regards, Eric

> I tried the reset button several times without luck.

What exactly happened in that process? Remember that
the disk has to be ON and you have the button for a
LONG time and it is deep behind that hole in the case.
After starting the process, it can take 10 minutes.