Hi Thomas,

indeed A: and B: are reserved for floppy drives. The rest
is for partitions found at boot and after that, drives
accessed by drivers can be added. So if you do not see
the USB stick after booting from harddisk, it probably
just means that the USB driver does not work. As said,
it can help to boot from USB to get BIOS-assisted USB
stick access.

If I understand the mails correctly, not finding packages
during install is caused by unsuccesfully switching from
BIOS-assisted to DOS-only CD/DVD drivers at some point, so
I am looking forward to Jerome's next update with a tuned
driver strategy. FDISK would not help with that.

I agree that there should be documentation about how the
install process works which can help you to push it a bit
when it gets stuck at some point. Of course the documents
should be available online, also outside the install disk.

> I could even take a photo from the screen instructions...

It is probably better to just look at the steps in a browser
on another PC or in the smartphone instead of having to use
a photo of the instructions.

You are of course right that creating a dual boot system
is tricky. In particular, it is not something the FreeDOS
installer can do for you. So depending on how much you want
it, we could write some howto about how to create a dual
boot system with Linux (or Windows) or even a triple boot,
using tools for Linux or Windows. DOS tools are not enough
to do dual boot with anything without the help of the Linux
or Windows system itself. So you have to use their tools.

Keep me posted about your USB driver adventures :-)

Regards, Eric