>CDAudio is working, but you have to install proper Sound Blaster drivers

Would be nice if you could be more specific. I can't get it working on my Yamaha YMF724.

>FDNET has been removed

Good job devs. Remove the kernel next time. That should help make FreeDOS better.

>*3)* A lot of games will crash because of JEMM386 exception ==> how to fix?

Run without drivers. It will start FreeDOS in real mode without a memory manager. Most games will not be very happy with FreeDOS' own memory managers and will run into strange issues. Use the memory manager only if you really need it. And you know what? With "strange issues" in FreeDOS it's a guaranteed domino effect that may lead to OS annihilation. Let's say, your game crashes and hangs the entire system due to reasons. You have no way of recovering other than forcibly restarting the computer. Now good luck if that game was in the middle of writing anything to the FAT partition, because if that's so, your FAT partition is now slightly more screwed up than it used to be. Keep doing it over and over and eventually the corruption will eat away your FreeDOS files. Don't count on FreeDOS' own FAT filesystem checking tools. They're useless. Consider dualbooting Linux with FreeDOS just so you can have a filesystem repair tool that actually works.

>any mention of copying anything from proprietary DOS

What's the point of running FreeDOS then if you're just gonna end up gluing together parts of FreeDOS and Microsoft's proprietary ecosystem? Might as well get the full Monty and install MS-DOS.