Resending – I think it didn’t get through ...

Hi Jeremy.
I just realized that the bug fix you have already committed
is enough to unblock what I am doing.
All I need to do is run “pdmake –n” to produce a batch file,
and then I don’t need command.com to accept a long
parameter. It would certainly be nice if it did, but it is not
necessary.
I was successfully able to rebuild my version of binutils 2.14a
on Freedos+HX+doslfn with the freecom beta.
This now provides me with a replacement Windows
environment independent of Linux.
Results so far are reasonable, I can produce a viable
“as”, but the binaries are not identical and I need to
do more thorough testing, and then perhaps hope
that the difference is some unimportant uninitialized
data or something. Also I need to see if I can build
my GCC 3.2.3.
Hopefully this is the end of Windows 10, because all
I need to do is run Bochs under Linux instead of Win 10.
BFN. Paul.