Liam,
1. Eric and I have been through these exchanges before...going back years,
2. He did not ask, simply said, in spite of my statement otherwise, that I could use Linux..as if I do not know, living in this body, what I can or cannot use. 3. I need not demonstrate what only applies to myself, since I am not attempting to claim that anyone else should accommodate their needs as I do. As he lead with statements, not questions, has no medical or other background qualifying those statements, and is not directly involved in my care, I owe him nothing, having given my word about my needs. as stated, in many ways adaptive tools are not a feature, they are a part of how one uses their body. He may as well have asked me to change my legs if I were in a wheelchair. I have expressed frustration with his stance in the past, and he choose not to learn. 4. from a different comment, I wonder if someone might work on a modern DOS browser if paid enough. I do apologize to you, as I dare say my tone, for someone unaware of prior list exchanges might seem harsh. Eric, speaking personally, earned those comments by not asking.
Why cannot you  use Linux instead?
Never mind that this is a DOS list...making his stating and assuming, as he often does, fortification for my motivation. The information about little braille use is a search away, and has been the case for decades, so that assumption is indeed stereotypical.
Kare