Jerome,

> Did your repack include ALL packages included in the FloppyEdition not just
> i386.

Yes, the repack contains 1,177 files.

> For example, VirtualBox and VMWare include FDNet as well as the set for 386s.

Note that these things have empty categories in the official build, per below.

> Does it make any accommodations for different hardware?

Yes, the hardware detection logic is unchanged.

> Or just install everything wether or not it is supported by the target
> platform?

In the RC4 repack, yes, the @LISTFILE method is equivalent to the
"slicer /g" switch.

In the RC5 repack, no, it just does the same thing as "/g *".

//

Two unexpected results from the second experiment are:

* The tarball method isn't worthwhile, despite using a solid archive format.
* The InfoZIP zipsplit method is better than the PKZip spanning method.

//

In the official FreeDOS 1.3-RC5 floppy edition, %TTAGS% for things
like networking and virtualization are empty.  When I manually unpack
FREEDOS.SAF, I get these categories and file counts:

186: 919
286: 1027
386: 1155
486: 1155