The  /O switch makes cutmouse detect scroll wheel.

Den 2022-01-21 kl. 16:59, skrev Mercury Thirteen via Freedos-user:
Most mice operate in a "staged" manner; that is, upon power-up even the most sophisticated mouse emulates a basic two button affair, until software jumps through a series of hoops to elevate its capabilities by sending a series of magic sequences of commands. The problem is that most applications only go as far as elevating the mouse to three button operation (if that - some perform no "elevation" at all, and leave you stuck with the most basic mouse mode) and never even attempt to activate wheel mode. Regardless of mode, however, the PS/2 interrupt (at least for PS/2 mice) fires the same way.

This is done because an interface to the enhanced features of advanced mice was never standardized, so manufacturers made do with existing commands, but simply gave special significance to certain sequences of them which would not normally occur in typical application usage. One such example is setting the mouse acceleration with a specific series of values instead of the usual procedure of directly setting the desired acceleration value directly and leaving it at that.