The host machine will be more than capable, as I have installed virtual
freedos on this in the past. It's a 9th gen core i7 with 32gb, (I nearly
typed 32mb!) off ram but now I've had a chance to think about it I'll
probably just do the floppy install, purely because disk swapping is fun!

I'll end this by saying I also got a surprise when the machine started
working as I was convinced it had 4Mb of ram but it turns out that it's got
8 meg!