On 7/8/2022 12:54 PM, Eric Stein wrote:
Regarding FreeDOS 1.3 release version:

So I get this message when I exit from a certain program: Error reading from device AUX: write fault.

Aside from the strangeness of getting a write fault by reading something, does DOS even still have an AUX device?  I think this is a generic device name like PRN that can be redirected to something else, but the MODE command doesn't seem to know what it is.

AUX is the default serial device (COMx), just as PRN is the default parallel device (LPTx). But much rather than a (Free)DOS issue, I suspect a problem of the that "certain program"...

Ralf