On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 4:31 PM <pe...@easthope.ca> wrote:

> Somewhat off scope but on a good topic.
>
> Ideally the journals should be preserved in Project Gutenberg or
> WikiSource or similar.

FWIW, looks like someone posted a (complete?) collection of Linux
Journal to Archive.org:
https://archive.org/download/linuxjournalpdfcollection

I think this is the more direct link:
https://archive.org/download/linuxjournalpdfcollection/Linux%20Journal%20complete%20PDF%20collection/PDFs/

I subscribed to (and wrote for) Linux Journal. I bought the PDF
archives when they sold them (latest goes through 2017) and I have
PDFs of the issues released after that (I thought I was missing two,
but LJ didn't publish in Jan-Feb 2018). So I already have copies of
all the issues.

I know someone purchased the Linuxjournal.com site and continues to
post new articles there. Since they appear to have purchased all the
copyrights and assets, it would be great if they made the PDF archive
available for anyone to view. (However, the new site owners never
updated the contact info - it still shows the old editorial staff, who
I know have moved on and no longer work there.)

Jim