Hi Gabriele,

Yes, most 32-bit Windows builds of DOSBox-X can run on Windows XP. DOSBox-X
also has DOS builds for running in DOS itself (so that you can emulate a
different DOS system for example). The most recent version of DOSBox-X is now
0.84.2 / 2022.08.0, which (among other things) added network functionality on
the DOS side. A packet driver is needed IF network functionality (such as IPX
and Modem support) is desired.

Wengier