Hi Manuel,

I hit something very similar, just in case of Czech-specific characters. I tried the same solution I used for Czech (well, with minor change), and it works also for Portugal, so '*' character is printed correctly.

DISPLAY CON=(EGA,860,1)
MODE CON CODEPAGE PREPARE=((860) %dosdir%\CPI\EGA.CPX)
MODE CON CODEPAGE SELECT=860
KEYB CZ,860

I put these lines into my FDAUTO.BAT, so I don't need to care anymore.

In short, using KEYB command alone is not sufficient, you need also to use MODE to specify the CODEPAGE you use in console. For Portugal it is CP860 (for Czech it is CP852).

I hope it helps, it also cost me some time before I realized how keyboard layouts and codepage settings work in DOS :)

Best regards,
Lukas