On 17 Aug 2024 at 7:27, Ben Collver via Freedos-user wrote:

> I do not like dosemu2.  See the [rant] section of the following post
> for details.
>
> https://www.hardwareasylum.com/articles/retro/mystic-dosemu2/page8.aspx

At my rookie/hobbyist level, I frankly have no clue what level of a
coding wizard this Dennis Garcia is. So when he says "the stuff
doesn't compile", I can cut him some slack in his judgement.

Like it's not exactly a walk in the park to compile say QEMU, or
other software packages that are comparably complex. QEMU does
compile for me in Debian, if I invest a bit of effort.

Now when Mr. Collver with his background refers to that "rant" review
by Dennis Garcia, that referral and implied second opinion already
means something to me :-)
Thanks for the pointer, you have probably saved me some time.
Sad as it is, I can spend my naive curiosity elsewhere...

Frank