Okay... so I am 100% certain the packet driver I need to use is E100PKT as
my integrated NIC is an intel and the device ID is 1039, in the
E1100PKT.TXT (attached) it has my device ID listed as supported. Yay.

However I can't get it to work. I added this line in my FDAUTO.BAT file:

E100PKT.COM /i <int_60>

However I get this error when I reboot:

"can not redirect input from file int_60"

Clearly I am not typing in the correct thing in <int_60> part.

Any idea what goes there? There is sadly no example of syntax in the
attached .txt file.

Thanks all!

On Mon, 23 Sept 2024 at 11:51, Daniel Doran <danielktdora...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am new to FreeDOS and I am trying to get Networking working. I have read
> a lot of how-tos, edited FDAUTO.BAT but I still can't get it to work using
> packet drivers E1000PKT.com or E100PKT.com I am not certain I am even using
> the right packet driver but I THINK I am... (downloaded both packet drivers
> from the internet)
>
> I ran NICKSCAN.EXE and got his output:
>
> PCI vendor: 8086 = Intel Corporation
>
> PCI device: 1039 = 82801DB PRO/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller
>

> I am using the right packet drivers?
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thanks!

NAME
E100PKT 0.2, packet driver for DOS

SYNOPSIS
E100PKT <option>

DESCRIPTION
E100PKT is a basic packet driver for Intel's 8255x family of
Ethernet adapters. It should work with any PCI device that
Linux's e100 kernel module (in e100.c) does.

Options are case-insensitive and must begin with either a / or -.
All the program's input and output is in hex without a leading
"0x" (e.g. "60" is 96 decimal).

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* An IBM PC or compatible
* An Intel 80386 or compatible processor
* DOS 2 or higher
* 2560 bytes of free conventional memory
* An Intel E100 Ethernet adapter. That is, a PCI device whose
vendor id is 8086 and device id is one of the following:

1029    103c    1057    1091    27dc
1030    103d    1059    1092
1031    103e    1064    1093
1032    1050    1065    1094
1033    1051    1066    1095
1034    1052    1067    1209
1038    1053    1068    1229
1039    1054    1069    2449
103a    1055    106a    2459
103b    1056    106b    245d

OPTIONS
/h
/?
Show usage.
/v
Show version.
/u
Unload the packet driver from memory.
/i <int_no>
Load the packet driver into memory at the specified software
interrupt. Valid interrupt numbers are: 60-66, 68-6f, or
7b-7e (inclusive).
/d
Dump PCI configuration space to E100.PCI
Dump EEPROM to E100.EEP
Dump CSR to E100.CSR

BUGS
* E100PKT cannot be loaded high.
* E100PKT uses too much memory.
* E100PKT cannot be unloaded if its hardware interrupt vector
has been hooked since loading it.
* Please send any feedback and bug reports to <sethsi...@sdf.org>.

HOME PAGE
gopher://sdf.org/1/users/sethsimon/e100pkt/ has the latest
version and links to technical documentation.

COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2018, Seth Simon <sethsi...@sdf.org>.

E100PKT comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software
covered by GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE 3, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions. See http://www.gnu.org
or COPYING file for details.