Hello Folks,
Under MS-DOS 6.22,
I have been working with the Panasonic USB drivers from www.dosdays.co.uk:
usbaspi.sys  and
di1000dd.sys

These USB drivers are a big improvement in attaching flash drives and USB
hard drive external drives
to a DOS machine.  These drivers are limited to using USB Mass Storage
only.  And yes, I have
been limiting disk partitions and file systems to FAT16, less than or equal
to 2 GB.

But the drivers are not robust.  The drivers cause MS-DOS 6.22 to freeze
often when using newer,
faster, larger flash drives.  Older, slower, small 0.5 GB and 1 GB flash
drives seem to work best with
these drivers.  Moreover, these drivers freeze regularly if loaded into DOS
high memory.
A lot of division overflow.

I think because new, large flash drives are so fast; I have been getting
the DOS error  message often:
"Abort, Retry, Fail?"

New, fast, large flash drives work a little better if I plug the flash
drives through a hub, to help slow them
down.

It would be a big plus to FreeDOS, if someone could locate or even develop
USB drivers that are robust,
work with the newest, large, fast flash drives, and will support all
general USB devices.
Orson Yancey
New Hampshire, USA