I actually had Rob Crittenden point that issue out to me and encourage me
to work on this after I created the shell scripts as a quick fix to solve
our immediate internal need.

Now I'm dreaming if a day where I can automatically issue and renew certs
signed by a publicly trusted CA across our entire infrastructure, internal
and external.

I've been playing around with APIs and libraries for a couple of days now
and I think the most promising approach is to create one library/project
that's both a plugin for CertBot (the official ACME/Let's Encrypt client)
and a helper for Certmonger at the same time.

This would allow any server with Certbot installed to authenticate using
FreeIPA/DNS and allow any server with Certmonger to get Let's Encrypt certs.

Any/All suggestions are welcome.

--
Antonia Stevens
a...@antevens.com