On Fri, 2019-12-20 at 11:48 +1000, Fraser Tweedale via FreeIPA-devel
wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 05:17:05PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy via
> FreeIPA-users wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks to the recent changes done by Dinesh(master[1] and ipa-4-
> > 8[2]),
> > it is now possible to have continuous rebuild of FreeIPA master and
> > ipa-4-8 branches using COPR repositories.
> >
> > We now have @freeipa/freeipa-master-nightly[3] to continuously
> > track git
> > master branch. Every time there is a commit made upstream in the
> > master
> > branch and synchronized to FreeIPA GitHub mirror, COPR will do a
> > rebuild
> > of the git master for Fedora 31 and Rawhide on x86_64, i686,
> > aarch64,
> > and ppc64le.
> >
> > We also have @freeipa/freeipa-4.8-nightly[4] to continuously track
> > git
> > ipa-4-8 branch. Every time there is a commit made upstream in the
> > master
> > branch and synchronized to FreeIPA GitHub mirror, COPR will do a
> > rebuild
> > of the git master for Fedora 31 and Rawhide on x86_64, i686,
> > aarch64,
> > and ppc64le.
> >
> > Each repository page has explanation how to use the COPRs. There
> > will
> > probably be some delay before actual packages will appear in the
> > repositories as we haven't had any merges upstream done yet since
> > I've
> > set up the tracking process.
> >
> > I also cleaned up @freeipa/freeipa-master[5] repository which is
> > used for
> > hosting temporary dependencies that might still be lacking in
> > stable
> > Fedora versions, not to provide FreeIPA rebuilds.
> >
> Thanks Alexander!
>
> I'd like to clarify that putting freeipa builds in the
> @freeipa/freeipa-master COPR is a MUST NOT.  Otherwise PR-CI will
> install freeipa from @freeipa/freeipa-master instead of the RPMs
> produced by the build job, and the actual changes from the PR are
> not tested.

Greetings everyone,

The naming of the COPR repo was misleading and so, I assumed that it
mapped to master branch (like what PKI does). May be someone can add
this to the COPR's description? Sorry for any inconveniences caused!

Regards,
--Dinesh