Pavel Zuna wrote:
Example output of migration plugin:

I have a DS server setup on a VM at 192.168.122.4 and I made a few tweaks to show how errors are reported.

# ipa migrate-ds ldap://192.168.122.4:389
Password:
Enter password again to verify:
-----------
migrate-ds:
-----------
Migrated:
  users: pzuna, mnagy
  groups: skupina1, skupina2, skupina3
Errors:
user: mnagy: Kerberos principal mn...@pzuna already exists. Use 'ipa user-mod' to set it manually.
  group: accounting managers: This entry already exists
  group: hr managers: This entry already exists
  group: qa managers: This entry already exists
  group: pd managers: This entry already exists
Passwords have been migrated in pre-hashed format. IPA is unable to generate Kerberos keys unless provided with clean text passwords. All migrated users need to login at http://your.domain/ipa/migration/ before they can use their Kerberos accounts.

I didn't try it yet, but this might also work for IPAv1->IPAv2 migration.

Pavel

I have some concerns with this. Rather than presenting a user password change page this enables basic-auth like kerberos negotiate fallback and uses the username/password presented there to do the password reset. I thought we had discussed actually presenting a form to the user to prompt for this information.

One of our goals is to promote the usage of single sign-on using kerberos. Enabling the password fallback can be practical and needed in some cases but I think by default we want to leave it off.

The function get_base_dn() needs some error handling. I'm not sure how this will blow up if the LDAP server is down but it won't be pretty, it assumes that a namingcontext is returned, etc.

For the migration there is a typo in pwd_migration_msg, "clean text" instead of "clear text".

Why are you duplicating the user_add functionality instead of calling api.Command['user_add']?

Same with groups, why not user the gropu_add and group_add_member methods?