Rob Crittenden wrote:
David O'Brien wrote:
I tried this:

# /usr/bin/ipa user-add --first=My --last=Name --password
User login [mname]:
password:
Enter password again to verify:
ipa: ERROR: Constraint violation:pre-hashed passwords are not valid

I entered "password" as the password.
If I enter nothing, it seems to create the user ok, but without a password (I think), so I don't know how to get a ticket. None of the shortened options (-f, -l, -p, etc.,) from v1.x work, either.

This seems related to the changes we made for password migration. Pavel, can you take a look? It is easily reproduced.

rob

Programming mistake on my part. This should fix it. I also replaced all conditions, that assume LDAP_SUCCESS == 0.

Please, add me to CC next time, otherwise I might take longer to notice. :)

Pavel