Martin Kosek wrote:
On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 13:58 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
This patch fixes behavior of ipa-dns-install, which does not
exit when an invalid configuration of /etc/hosts is detected.

I'm not positive but was the address info checking done within the try
to catch any possible exception?

This code dates back to very early IPA code (say 4 years old or so) when
we were pretty new to python and somethings catching things in a very
broad way.

Is it possible that running through the addresses could raise an
unhandled exception?

rob

Rob, thanks for the review. Well, I think the unhandled code should not
raise any exception - we are not calling any external function, just
going through an array. But to bulletproof it, I have added a check just
to be sure that we do it right even when socket.getaddrinfo would return
empty result and did not raise an exception. Patch is attached.

I moved the exception handling closer to the socket.getaddrinfo to
actually be able to easily call sys.exit().

Martin

I modified your patch very slightly to add a period to the end of "Please fix your /etc/hosts file" as requested in the ticket.

Ack, pushed to master