On 2011-02-17 05:09, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Pavel Zůna wrote:
My efforts in fixing localization all around the framework and preparing
it for localizing docstrings have resulted in a lot of patches. Because
I understand they have become a bit hard to track, I decided to post
them all together in this thread to make review easier.

After this is committed, there will be one more patch that switches
xgettext for pygettext. Then hopefully, we'll be pretty much set when it
comes to i18n.

Pavel

Patch 81 isn't applying for me.

Help is not working for me either, this is due to patch 80.

$ ipa help user
ipa: ERROR: NameError: global name '_' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/cli.py", line 1087, in run
api.finalize()
File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line 619,
in finalize
plugin_iter(base, (magic[k] for k in magic))
File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/base.py", line 397, in
__init__
sorted(members, key=lambda m: getattr(m, name_attr))
File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line 608,
in plugin_iter
plugins[klass] = PluginInstance(klass)
File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line 585,
in __init__
self.instance = klass()
File "/home/rcrit/redhat/freeipa-version/ipalib/plugable.py", line 184,
in __init__
self.doc = _(inspect.getdoc(cls))
NameError: global name '_' is not defined
ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred

Patches 69, 71 and 73 are still working fine.

What is switching from xgettext to pygettext going to do?

This was answered by John Dennis: xgettext doesn't parse python docstrings.

rob

Rebased version of 81 attached. It should also fix the traceback you're getting.

Pavel