Jan Zelený wrote:
Rob Crittenden<rcrit...@redhat.com>  wrote:
Jan Zelený wrote:

Jan

This is a good start, I think we need to include some guidance on why
this exists and why it exists where it does.

It exists so a user interface can know in advance what the current
user's rights are for a given entry so that the user experience is
better (currently used by the Web UI to disable attributes that are not
writable).

It appears in the add and mod commands to avoid having to do a show
after an entry is added or updated.

rob

I updated the patch with a note that it is primarily used for internal
purposes of CLI and WebUI, I think this should be sufficient description.

I also deleted the line converting unicode strings to str because it broke
JSON-RPC communication.

Jan

ack, pushed to master