JR Aquino wrote:
On 2/21/11 11:18 AM, "JR Aquino"<jr.aqu...@citrix.com>  wrote:

On 2/21/11 10:46 AM, "Jan Zeleny"<jzel...@redhat.com>  wrote:

Rob Crittenden<rcrit...@redhat.com>  wrote:
JR Aquino wrote:
On 2/17/11 9:46 AM, "Jan Zeleny"<jzel...@redhat.com>   wrote:
JR Aquino<jr.aqu...@citrix.com>   wrote:
Lets try now. Attached is the corrected patch.

There were several spots in ipa-client-install where the server
could
be defined and it was getting missed.
I have omitted any change to ipa-client-install and instead just
focused on ipadiscovery.py

ipadiscovery.py now performs its own fetch of the CACert just to be
sure.

Regarding TLS vs LDAPS.

LDAP over SSL was common in LDAP Version 2 (LDAPv2) but it was
never
standardized in any formal specification. This usage has been
deprecated along with LDAPv2, which was officially retired in 2003.

LDAPS is still supported, but considered deprecated in favor of TLS
as
defined in RFC2830.