JR Aquino wrote:
On Mar 30, 2011, at 1:01 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

On 03/30/2011 03:53 PM, JR Aquino wrote:

On Mar 30, 2011, at 12:05 PM, JR Aquino wrote:

The FreeIPA framework performs unescaped searches to enumerate group membership.

The following patch corrects this behavior.

-JR

<freeipa-jraquino-0021-Escape-LDAP-characters-in-member-and-memberof-search.patch>_______________________________________________

Self NACK

Attached is the corrected patch.

search_group_dn = _ldap_filter.escape_filter_chars(search_group_dn)

Is now correctly changed to:

search_group_dn = _ldap_filter.escape_filter_chars(group_dn)

Nack. This is a step in the right direction, but you're not actually
using this value anywhere.

I think you wanted to have the next line changed to:

searchfilter = "(memberof=%s)" % search_group_dn

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Oh! You are right.

Attached is the corrected patch.

I don't think you need a new variable for search_group_dn. The value is passed in from a tuple so any changes will be silently lost anyway.

Or you can leave it, I think it's probably safer this way (since we can't predict how it will be called in the future), but you should then do the same in get_memberof().