On 07/18/2011 09:34 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 15.7.2011 21:24, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
On 07/15/2011 10:57 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
On 07/15/2011 08:01 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 14:43 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 15.7.2011 05:42, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Add a separate tool for now to do dogtag replication agreement
management. The syntax is the same for IPA agreements with the
exception
that the DM password is always required and it isn't possible to
delegate the management of this.

ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1250

rob

NACK

'ipa-csreplica-manage list server' doesn't list the peers of the
specified server, but the peers of localhost.

Connecting already connected pair of replicas duplicates the
replication
information ('ipa-csreplica-manage list server' shows the same
hostname
twice).

There is trailing whitespace on line 87 of the patch.

BTW I don't understand why is it possible (or necessary?) to be
able to
have CS replication topology that is different from the main IPA
replication topology (ipa-csreplica-manage allows you to do
that). Is
there a reason for this?

Honza

And some issues from me:

1) Unhelpful error message when force-syncing from a master
without a
replication agreement:

# ipa-csreplica-manage force-sync --from=HOST
Directory Manager password:
ipa: ERROR: Unable to find replication agreement for
vm-060.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
unexpected error: Unable to proceed

2) Minor stuff in man page:

Unindented Exit statuses:
EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful
1 if an error occurred

Missing dot: The default is the machine on which the command is run
Not
honoured by the re-initialize command.

Otherwise it looks good.

Martin

This should address all the issues raised.

The reason for different topology has several reasons:

1. A given IPA server may not have a CA installed
2. Some aspects of ipa-replica-manage can be delegated. We can't
delegate CS replica management because it is in a different directory
server. We don't have users stored there so can't map the GSSAPI
credentials. So only Directory Manager can operate on it for now.
3. Flexibility. You may want way more connections for users than for
the CA.

+ if starttls:
+ self.conn = ipaldap.IPAdmin(hostname, port=port)
+ ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE, CACERT)

Why in the starttls case do you not call ipaldap.IPAdmin(hostname,
port=PORT, cacert=CACERT) ?

Because the port is the non-secure port and opening an SSL connection
to it failed.
Ah, ok. So that tells IPAdmin to use this CACERT and to use ldaps.

+ managers = entry.getValues('nsDS5ReplicaBindDN')
+ if replica_binddn not in managers:

You might want to use the dn.py code, or at least normalize the DNs in
managers before comparing

That's a good idea.

+ if master is None:
+ entry.setValues('nsds5replicaupdateschedule', '0000-2359
0123456')

You should just omit nsds5replicaupdateschedule

It failed with an operations erorr when I tried removing the attribute either directly with a MOD_DELETE or doing a MOD_REPLACE with nothing.
I assume this is another attribute in cn=config that once set cannot
be undone.
Right. Ok. When you add the agreement entry, you can just omit it. But
if you are trying to modify an existing agreement entry, you can't
MOD_DELETE it or MOD_REPLACE with an empty value.

Ok, good point about normalizing, updated patch attached.

rob

Everything I found is fixed. You might want to take a look at what
Martin found, though.

Honza

Updated patch to use the DN class a bit more.
ack