On 02/27/2012 11:03 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Viktorin wrote:
Patch 16 defers validation & conversion until after {add,del,set}attr is
processed, so that we don't search for an integer in a list of strings
(this caused ticket #2405), and so that the end result of these
operations is validated (#2407).

Patch 17 makes these options honor params marked no_create and no_update.

NACK on Patch 17 which breaks patch 16.

How is patch 16 broken? It works for me.

*attr is specifically made to be powerful. We don't want to arbitrarily
block updating certain values.

Noted

Not having patch 17 means that the problem reported in 2408 still
occurs. It should probably check both the schema and the param to
determine if something can have multiple values and reject that way.

I see the problem now: the certificate subject base is defined as a multi-value attribute in the LDAP schema. If it's changed to single-value the existing validation should catch it.

Also, most of the config attributes should probably be required in the schema. Am I right?

I'm a newbie here; what do I need to do when changing the schema? Is there a patch that does something similar I could use as an example?

--
PetrĀ³