Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 05/29/2012 11:29 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Vobornik wrote:
IPA web UI isn't functional when browser doesn't send http headers.

This patch adds a functionality which sets Firefox
network.http.sendRefererHeader configuration option to value '2' which
enables it.

Possible values:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.sendRefererHeader

Should we also add a message when referer is missing to check this
setting in about:config?

I'm not sure what you have in mind. We set the referer option so why
would user check it afterwards?

Yes the ticket was about checking the option but: If user is configuring
the browser he wants the browser configured. So we should set all
options which are required. This is one of them. We have not been
notifying the user what was set, so I didn't add such notification for
this option now as well.

We might want to notify the user what options were changed but it's not
the topic of this ticket.

I was thinking more for already configured browsers who then later mess with this value. It fails in a very non-obvious way.