On 06/05/2012 03:00 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 06/05/2012 10:06 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 11:51 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 17:22 +0200, Petr Viktorin wrote:
An update plugin needed root privileges, and aborted the update if an
ordinary user user ran it.
With this patch the plugin is skipped with a warning in that case.

Hi Petr,
I am not sure I like the proposed solution.

If there is a legitimate reason to run this plugin as non-root (eg
admin
user) then you should change the connection part to try to use GSSAPI
auth over ldap when non-root, not just throw a warning.

If there is no reason for anyone but root to run this script then we
should just abort if not root IMO.

Simo.

I would keep this script runable for root users only. Regularly, this
should not be run manually but as a part of RPM update which is done by
root. It is being run manually only when something is broken anyway and
I am not convinced that non-root users should be involved in such
recovery.

Martin

Thanks for the advice. The attached patch only allows root to run
ipa-ldap-updater.

NACK. It is very handy for developers to be able to run ipa-ldap-updater
to test update files.

rob

Developers can run it as root, I don't see a problem here.

--
PetrĀ³