On 3/7/2013 7:37 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Ideally it should be generic enough to combine any widgets. This might
be a common scenario somewhere else:

Something: ( ) Option 1
           ( ) Option 2
           (o) Other: [something else       ]

This design has a flaw:
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3404#comment:5

I think this one makes the most sense to me:

PAC Types: ( ) Inherited setting: ... <inherited values> ...
           (o) Override inherited setting
               [ ] MS-PAC
               [ ] PAD

It looks like the NONE option is identical to not using the inherited values but also not selecting any new values, so we don't actually need a separate radio button for NONE because it can be represented by the above UI without redundancy. We just need better labels to explain the radio buttons. Maybe someone can come up with better labels than these.

I implemented following design:
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3404#comment:7

It works but I can't imagine how it would look if we have more than two PAC types. I don't think we want to list every possible combinations. The above design is more future proof.

Patch attached (255-1).

I have a dilemma. I practically implemented the previous design (and
then I've found the flaw..). Patches attached as wip-fre... I wonder if
we can use it somehow or we should ditch it.

--
Endi S. Dewata