On Wed, 03 Jul 2013, Sumit Bose wrote:
Hi,

with this patch the extdom plugin, the LDAP extended operation that
allows IPA clients with recent SSSD to lookup AD users and groups, will
not use winbind for the lookup anymore but will use SSSD running in
ipa_server_mode.

Since now no plugin uses the winbind client libraries anymore, the
second patch removes the related configures checks.

I think for the time being we cannot remove winbind completely because
it might be needed for msbd to work properly in a trusted environment.
s/msbd/smbd/

ACK. I need to add 'ipa_server_mode = True' support to
the installer code and then these patches can go in.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy