On 03/13/2014 03:20 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
On 03/13/2014 03:08 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello list,

my journey to the IETF wonderland revealed one more RFC draft:

LDAP Queue Length Control
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hollstein-queuelength-control-01

I have no idea if this can really improve LDAP client performance or not but IMHO it is worth exploring it.

Maybe only an IPA replica with thousands of SSSD clients could benefit from it, I don't know.

I have finally ran out of notes from yesterday so you don't need to worry about more RFC drafts - today :-)

389 allows you to turn on and off TCP Nagle (TCP_NODELAY) and TCP_CORK. Someone could try running different workloads with different settings for these to see if it makes a difference.
and we haven't been able so far to find a setup which really shows a difference of the settings. In this draft the control of behaviour is moved up to the ldap layer and I have doubts that it will give a measurable effect, in general it introduces some overhead to check if the contropl is set, to buffer the responses,... , which might be low but affects all connections