On 16/09/14 09:32, Martin Basti wrote:
On 15/09/14 20:31, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/15/2014 05:16 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 15/09/14 17:10, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 12.9.2014 15:19, Martin Basti wrote:
On 03/09/14 12:45, Martin Basti wrote:
On 03/09/14 12:27, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 09/02/2014 05:46 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 25.8.2014 14:52, Martin Basti wrote:
Patches attached.

Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4149

There is a bug in bind-dyndb-ldap (or worse in dirsrv), which cause the
named
service is stopped after deleting zone.
Bug ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/138
Functional ACK, it works for me. It can be pushed if Python gurus are okay
with
the code.
Is it safe to commit the change given that bind-dyndb-ldap still crash when
"."
is removed? Wouldn't it break our CI tests?

Maybe we should wait until fixed bind-dydnb-ldap is released. Hopefully it
would be soon.

Martin

It will broke tests, don't push it until bind-dyndb-ldap is fixed.
Currently I'm testing bind-dyndb-ldap related patch.

Added patches 120 and 121, which are required by DNS to work correctly. Patches 120 and 121 add all DNS replicas to zone apex as NS, --name-server
option doesn't add NS record, only changes the SOA MNAME attribute

Original and new patches attached.

NACK, unfortunately it doesn't work for me:
# ipa dnszone-add tri.test. --name-server=ns.test.
Administrator e-mail address [hostmaster.tri.test.]:
ipa: WARNING: '--name-server' is used only for setting up the SOA MNAME record.
To edit NS record(s) in zone apex, use command 'dnsrecord-mod [zone] @
--ns-rec=nameserver'.
  Zone name: tri.test.
  Active zone: TRUE
  Authoritative nameserver: ns.test.
  Administrator e-mail address: hostmaster.tri.test.
  SOA serial: 1410793406
  SOA refresh: 3600
  SOA retry: 900
  SOA expire: 1209600
  SOA minimum: 3600
BIND update policy: grant IPA.EXAMPLE krb5-self * A; grant IPA.EXAMPLE
krb5-self * AAAA; grant IPA.EXAMPLE krb5-self * SSHFP;
  Dynamic update: FALSE
  Allow query: any;
  Allow transfer: none;

[root@vm-035 rpms]# ipa dnszone-show tri.test. --all --raw
  dn: idnsname=tri.test.,cn=dns,dc=ipa,dc=example
  idnsname: tri.test.
  idnszoneactive: TRUE
  idnssoamname: ns.test.
  idnssoarname: hostmaster.tri.test.
  idnssoaserial: 1410793408
  idnssoarefresh: 3600
  idnssoaretry: 900
  idnssoaexpire: 1209600
  idnssoaminimum: 3600
  idnsallowquery: any;
  idnsallowtransfer: none;
  idnsAllowDynUpdate: FALSE
  idnsUpdatePolicy: grant IPA.EXAMPLE krb5-self * A; grant IPA.EXAMPLE
krb5-self * AAAA; grant IPA.EXAMPLE krb5-self * SSHFP;
  nsrecord: vm-035.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com.
  objectClass: idnszone
  objectClass: top
  objectClass: idnsrecord

[root@vm-035 rpms]# ipa dnsrecord-mod @ tri.test. --ns-rec=$(hostname).
ipa: ERROR: tri.test.: DNS resource record not found

NACKing NACK
ipa dnsrecord-mod @ tri.test. --ns-rec=$(hostname).
you switched order zone and record, it should be
ipa dnsrecord-mod tri.test. @ --ns-rec=$(hostname).

BTW, since we are so nicely breaking the dnszone-add interface, can we also get rid of always asking for "Administrator e-mail address"?

>> # ipa dnszone-add tri.test. --name-server=ns.test.
>> Administrator e-mail address [hostmaster.tri.test.]:

Is there any risk in filling that with default as any other attribute? IMO it would simplify adding zones for one more redundant step. CCing Rob in case he knows some historical reasons why this is requested every time.

Martin
There is no risk, because ipa-replica-prepare do that with default values

However, this will not work with root zone ".", and I'm not sure how often an admin email is used. I think whois is better utility to get contact email.

Also RIPE-203 [1] recommends to use 'hostmaster' alias.

[1] http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-203

--
Martin Basti