On 09/02/2014 10:18 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 27.8.2014 v 16:49 David Kupka napsal(a):
On 08/27/2014 11:22 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Dne 26.8.2014 v 15:55 Rob Crittenden napsal(a):
David Kupka wrote:
On 08/26/2014 03:08 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

Dne 26.8.2014 v 13:01 David Kupka napsal(a):

Doing this will break ipa-client-automount and ipa-certupdate, because
they assume that api.env.host contains the hostname of the local
system
(which is the default value).

It looked suspiciously simple so I could expect that there is some
catch.

There is obviously some confusion about what the option should
represent
(documentation says server hostname, code does client hostname),
IMO we
should resolve that first.

Ok, are there any suggestions? What is the desired state?

AIUI the server option is deprecated because it wasn't being used, not
that it needed to be replaced. I believe that in most cases the server
name is pulled from the xmlrpc_uri.

Yes, that's what the ticket says:
<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3071>.

Ok, adding 'host' entry with local host name.

host has always meant the local host name.

I think the man page is wrong.

+1

Fixing the line in man page.

rob

ACK as long as this works for Nalin.

I see Nalin is OK with the patch, I am not so OK. What should we do with the server option then? It is still being referred to as "Deprecated" in the man page. Should we then un-deprecate it as Honza suggested down the thread?

Martin