On 04/13/2015 10:56 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the attachment you find the latest state of the "topology plugin", it
> implements what is defined in the design page:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology (which is also
> waiting for a reviewer)
>
> It contains the plugin itself and  a core of ipa commands to manage a
> topology.
> to be really applicable, some work outside is required, eg the management of
> the domain level and a decision where the binddn group should be maintained.

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for updates. My suggestions would be:

1) Update/finalize the design to fully match the current implementation -
there were several discussions around this plugin and I am not sure if all were
implemented. The design page often talks about "first implementation" etc. It
should rather talk about the final design for this feature.

I went through the design page and fixed formatting of some sections (Use
Cases, created table for config attributes - this needs your revision and
filling in the gaps) to make it more readable.

Overall, the design should only use verbatim (monospace) sections only where
absolutely necessary, it is otherwise hard to read.

I fixed many typos, I think the docs could use one more complete proof read and
cleaning from you so that it can be further reviewed.

2) The code itself should be checked. Will Thierry and Simo check the C parts?