On 06/24/2015 01:59 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi Petr,

Thanks for clarification! It seems though, that all possible attributes are already mapped to the topologysegment-mod options:

[13:42:45]ofayans@vm-244:~]$  ipa show-mappings topologysegment-mod
Parameter      : LDAP attribute
=========      : ==============
stripattrs     : nsds5replicastripattrs
replattrs      : nsds5replicatedattributelist
replattrstotal : nsds5replicatedattributelisttotal
timeout        : nsds5replicatimeout
enabled        : nsds5replicaenabled
rights         : rights
[13:47:41]ofayans@vm-244:~]$ ipa help topologysegment-mod
Usage: ipa [global-options] topologysegment-mod TOPOLOGYSUFFIX NAME [options]

Modify a segment.
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
--stripattrs=STR A space separated list of attributes which are removed
                        from replication updates.
  --replattrs=STR       Attributes that are not replicated to a consumer
                        server during a fractional update. E.g.,
                        `(objectclass=*) $ EXCLUDE accountlockout memberof
  --replattrstotal=STR  Attributes that are not replicated to a consumer
server during a total update. E.g. (objectclass=*) $
                        EXCLUDE accountlockout
--timeout=INT Number of seconds outbound LDAP operations waits for a response from the remote replica before timing out and
                        failing
  --enabled=['on', 'off']
                        Whether a replication agreement is active, meaning
whether replication is occurring per that agreement
  --setattr=STR         Set an attribute to a name/value pair. Format is
attr=value. For multi-valued attributes, the command
                        replaces the values already present.
--addattr=STR Add an attribute/value pair. Format is attr=value. The
                        attribute must be part of the schema.
  --delattr=STR         Delete an attribute/value pair. The option will be
                        evaluated last, after all sets and adds.
  --rights              Display the access rights of this entry (requires
                        --all). See ipa man page for details.
  --all                 Retrieve and print all attributes from the server.
                        Affects command output.
--raw Print entries as stored on the server. Only affects
                        output format.

So, setattr, addattr and delattr should, I think, be explained in the design document, with example usage.

Another question that I have:
In order to test topologysegment-reinitialize, I need to set the replica timeout to, say, 1, then turn this replica off, then make some changes on master and turn on the replica? I mean, my goal is to make master to give up attempts to synchronize with replica, is that correct?
I don't see why you want to do all these steps, initialize means that the database of B is overwritten by the database of A, so you could check that the content is the same. But to simulate a situation where init is required is not so easy, if you turn the replica on again, the changes could be normally replicated before you start the init