Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 24.11.2015 07:32, Jan Cholasta wrote:
>> On 23.11.2015 21:18, Simo Sorce wrote:
>>> Fixes #2203 by reading the server name from /etc/ipa/default.conf if not
>>> provided on the command line.
>>>
>>> Simo.
>>
>> Just a thought: it would be nice if we had libipaconfig and used it
>> everywhere
>> (the framework, ipa-getkeytab, certmonger, ...). I don't like that there are
>> at least 3 ipa config parser implementations now, each with its own quirks.
>
> Yeah, define a Augeas grammar for IPA config and call it. There is C and
> Python binding in RHEL 7.2 already.

For what? It's a standard INI-format file. I don't know what quirks
Honza is referring to unless he means the merging of context-specific
files but that is an API-level construct so it doesn't apply to external
entities.

And note that this format was chosen specifically so we wouldn't be
inventing our own format.