On 16.12.2015 09:45, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 11.12.2015 15:50, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 10.12.2015 18:04, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 9.12.2015 15:30, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello,

this patch automates some of sanity checks proposed by Petr Vobornik.

'make review' should be used in root of clean Git tree which has patches under
review applied.

Magic in review.sh attempts to detect nearest remote branch which can be used
as diff base for review. Please see review.sh for further details.

And here is the patch! :-)

Nice, but I would rather see this in ipatool
(<https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa-tools>). Or is there any obvious benefit
in having this in freeipa itself that I'm missing?

For me the obvious benefit is:
git clone
git am
make review

Done.

No need to find & learn other tool, no risk of using wrong version of the tool
to wrong version of source tree etc.

AFAIK all IPA developers are supposed to use ipatool, and it already has a start-review command, so it would better fit in there. Or we could merge freeipa-tools into freeipa. My point is that I don't think having half of the stuff in ipatool and the other half in IPA itself is a good thing to do.