Hi,

I am working on the following issues and I have questions re. 3rd party certificates: - https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4785 ipa-server-certinstall tracks the 3rd party cert it installs with certmonger - https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4786 ipa-server-certinstall does not accept certs signed by 3rd party CAs

First I would like to validate that my scenario is the correct one:
FreeIPA installed with an embedded CA. The customer now wants to use a different certificate for httpd and dirsrv, signed by a 3rd party CA. The steps to achieve this are: 1. run "ipa-cacert-manage install -t C,, <CAcert file>" to install the 3rd party CA certificate. This step puts the CA certificate in the LDAP entry cn=certificates,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=...

2. run "ipa-certupdate" to retrieve the CA cert from LDAP and put it into /etc/ipa/nssdb /etc/dirsrv/sldapd-xxx and /etc/httpd/alias Note that this command does not put the CA cert into /etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias, is this expected? I had to perform this manually (otherwise tomcat won't restart later).

3. run "ipa-server-certinstall -d -w key.pem cert.pem"
This commands should stop tracking the previous cert, install the new one in /etc/dirsrv/slapd-xx (if -d is used) and /etc/httpd/alias (if -w is used), and track the new one only if signed by IPA CA. It also updates the attribute nssslpersonalityssl of the entry cn=rsa,cn=encryption,cn=config to contain the new cert nickname (for the dirsrv) and sets NSSNickname in /etc/httpd/conf.d/nss.conf (for httpd).

After those steps, I noticed that
- the entries krbprincipalname=HTTP/hostname@dom,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=domain... and krbprincipalname=ldap/hostname@dom,cn=services,cn=accounts,dc=domain... are not updated: their attribute userCertificate still contains the old certificate.
Did I miss a manual step? Is it an issue?

- the new certificate nickname is not "Server-Cert" any more but rather the full subject (even if --cert-name was supplied to ipa-server-certinstall).
Can this cause issues?

Thanks for any input,
Flo.