Hi,

Just for recording, this issue of slow user-del will be track with https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/issue/49286

regards
thierry
On 05/31/2017 03:45 PM, thierry bordaz via FreeIPA-users wrote:

On 05/31/2017 03:30 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
thierry bordaz via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi Adrian,

deleting a user triggers several LDAP requests. In case the performance
hit comes from slow DS requests, you would look in DS access log
(/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-<inst>/access for the set of triggered requests.
In each response, etime indicates the time spent by the each req. Can
you isolate a/some specific req. that are very very long ?
My guess would be it is slow in removing the user from ipausers. I'm not
sure how that shows in the logs as it is likely done by a plugin.

I agree it is the most likely expensive req.
It may depends how many entries are referring to the deleted user but 16sec is much higher than what expected.

rob

regards
thierry