Thanks for the response, I don't think we will be issuing SSL certs from
FreeIPA to systems in AWS running Amazon Linux 2.

    On Monday, March 12, 2018 10:54 AM, Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

 Andrew Meyer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> I have emailed in previously fro issues w/ Amazon Linux 2 as a replica
> server but I am wondering If I can use Amazon Linux 2 as a client
> machine to FreeIPA.  Will I run into the same issues with SSL (NSS vs
> OpenSSL) that I did with the replica?

Hard to say without knowing what their packaging looks like.

That said the client is mostly a tool to help ensure the environment is
sane and if so writes a bunch of configuration files. SSSD does all the
heavy lifting post-install. So there is perhaps some more room for
differences.

I'll note that the client uses curl as well via xmlrpc-c during
enrollment and using certmonger assuming you get a cert on this host.

rob