I think I figured out the issue.  I had the /etc/named.conf setup to do some
forward zones only on my FreeIPA server.   I think this was causing the server
not to update.  However after removing the zones from /etc/named.conf I no
longer see the zone file on that server.  I go to look in
/var/named/dyndb-ldap/ipa/master/zone.net/ and try to cat the raw file and its
not there...  I did a ipa-replica-manage re-initialize thinking that would
bring it over and it didn't.
BTW,This is CentOS 7.4 and FreeIPA 4.5.x.
Thank you!

    On Friday, May 11, 2018 8:27 AM, Andrew Meyer via FreeIPA-users