On 05/21/2018 02:02 PM, Kat via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Stopping 389-ds was the first step for sure - I would not fall for
> that one! :-)
>
> No access to Dir Manager,
I don't know what this means either, but please try this:

ldapsearch -D "cn=directory manager" -W -s base -b "" objectclass=top

If this fails please share the access log output (there is 30 second
buffering on the log fyi):

    /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-YOUR_HOST/access

I'm looking for something like this:

[18/May/2018:12:28:46.334365436 -0400] conn=1 op=0 BIND dn="cn=Directory
Manager" method=128 version=3
[18/May/2018:12:28:46.418295813 -0400] conn=1 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=97
nentries=0 etime=0.0084017134 dn="cn=directory manager"

So either you have not replaced the password correctly, or the
"cn=directory manger" account is not actually "cn=directory manager".
The access log will tell us more...