Hi,
We're investigating replacing our Centos openldap system with FreeIPA to
authenticate users on our Apple desktops. So far so good, we have migrated from
openldap to FreeIPA, we can login users into desktops using kerberos etc etc
They get a local home directory as e.g. /Users/fred and in the past we have
then run a simple script which checks the contents of the LDAP attribute
sambaHomePath for the server hostname and username e.g. sambaHomePath:
samba1/fred

This script then mounts samba1:/fred as a network drive and users can then find
their network server files on /Volumes/fred
This has worked well for the last few years and I see from using slapcat
sambaHomePath is set for each user with freeipa but the standard ldapseach -x
... tool does not see it.

Is there a simple way of unhiding this attribute so when a user runs ldapsearch
-x -h ipa1 uid=`whoami` we get the answer?

It's taken a few days to get IPA setup so the Mac's can authenticate but I
think if we 'solve' this last issue then we're done.
Thanks