> Right, IPA isn't going to recursively fill in the missing zones for you.
>
> Is there a particular reason you want to install this way?
>
> rob

Actually yes. It is a multi-site private cloud deployment. All sites are

IPA has replicas on each site (to replicate LDAP directory, since it needs
to be identical on each site). So also DNS is replicated. And hence, we
zone, and <device>.<site> should be considered just as a record name...

Or would you do it differently?

And if I still want to do it this way, to you foresee more headache, except
for just defining the A record manually?

Thanks!

---
Regards,
Dmitry Perets