On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 06:14:16PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On ma, 18 maalis 2019, Jelle de Jong via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >

> > I am looking for a way to have different authentication policy for a
> > freeia-client logout and screenlock on linux workstations.
> >
> > When a user logs in I want to use my password+otp (this is working)!
> >
> > When a user locks it screen I want to be able unlock it with only the
> > password.
> >
> > When a user logs out and back in then it needs to use the password+otp
> > again.
> >
> > I am aware of the security implications for this.
> >
> > How can I configure this policy?
> I don't think there is a way to deploy such policy through SSSD at all.
>
> Jakub, do you have an idea how to make that possible?

Currently I can't think of anything clean either. Is the lock screen and the
login manager the same PAM service? If they are different, maybe some
hack like letting pam_unix to always read the password and then just
pass it on to pam_sss would work..

But I know Sumit is working on improving the 2FA prompting lately, so
maybe this will be improved in the upcoming release.