On 23/05/2019 16:43, Sumit Bose via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 04:17:08PM +0100, lejeczek via FreeIPA-users wrote:

>>> It's hard to know what you're doing, ssh from where to where, using what?
>>>
>>> rob
>> I made an assumption - which I see now was invalid - that some experts
>> may know mentioned guide by heart and if I quoted something then the
>> rest will be obvious - wrong, sorry.
>>
>> "Using SSH Without Passwords" is a paragraph of "Using SSH from Active
>> Directory Machines for IdM Resources" which is about Kerberos I understand.
>>
>> My hope was to have AD's clients be able to ssh(and maybe get to other
>> things like Samba) without password and with Kerberos.
>>
>> I see IPA's users can do that between IPA's servers

>> debug1: PAM: initializing for "tester1"
>> debug1: PAM: setting PAM_RHOST to "ceb-ipa2.private"
>> debug1: PAM: setting PAM_TTY to "ssh"
>> debug1: userauth-request for user tester1 service ssh-connection method
>> gssapi-with-mic [preauth]
>> debug1: attempt 1 failures 0 [preauth]
>> Postponed gssapi-with-mic for tester1 from 10.5.5.66 port 43604 ssh2
>> [preauth]
>> debug1: Got no client credentials
>> debug1: ssh_gssapi_k5login_exists: Checking existence of file
>> /home/tester1/.k5login
>> Authorized to tester1, krb5 principal tester1@private
>> (ssh_gssapi_krb5_cmdok)
>> debug1: do_pam_account: called
>> Accepted gssapi-with-mic for tester1 from 10.5.5.66 port 43604 ssh2
>>
>> But a Win10Pro which is AD member which I'm trying, when ssh as AD's
>> user then I do not see above in the logs and such ssh(Win10 own feature)
>> is asked for password.
>>
>> To sum up: AD's users off/from Win AD win-stations to IPA's
>> members/clients with Kerberos if possible. (trust is already established
>> and running)
> Hi,
>
> having a trust is the first requirement. Second is a ssh client on the
> Windows side which can do GSSAPI authentication (recent version of putty
> can) and has GSSAPI authentication enabled (iirc this is not the default
> for putty, so you have to switch it on manually). Next is that you have
> to use the fully-qualified DNS name of the IPA client you want to login
> to. If all this is set and authentication still falls back to ask for a
> password plase check with the klist command on the Windows client in
> command.exe or the Powershell if you already got a service ticket for
> the IPA client. If this is missing please check if there is a
> cross-realm ticket, it has a principal starting with 'krbtgt/' followed
> by the IPA realm, an '@' sign and the AD realm. If this is missing as
> well the issue is on the AD side and the client either does not try
> GSSAPI at all or it does not get a cross-realm ticket from the local DC.
>
> HTH
>
> bye,
> Sumit

I do not see tickets to IPA's domain - when I'm logged into a Win10Pro
(a member of win2016 AD domain).

>klist only shows two tickets krbtgt & LDAP @AD domain, and nowhere
there I see a mention of IPA domain.

That is after a one-way trust was established from IPA's side,
successfully. DNS seems to work, users seem to work.

My setup IPA is subdomain of AD.

Win10Pro is 1903 with openssh-client installed as/from optional feature.
I think it does support gssapi.

After a trust is established - do we need to create groups & mappings
for AD users for ssh/samba to work? Guide docs I saw I understand then
these are only required when one needs HBAC, correct?

How to start troubleshooting?

many thanks, L.