Thanks!

So on the IPA server that is listed in the client's /etc/ipa/default file I ran:

# openssl verify -verbose -CAfile /var/lib/ipa-client/pki/kdc-ca-bundle.pem
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.crt
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.crt: O = DOMAIN.COM, CN = ipa-server.do.ma.in
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
OK

Is that the command that you had in mind? It looks like it's OK.

Also as Florence Blanc-Renaud suggested, I ran the `ipa-advise
config-server-for-smart-card-auth > config.sh` command and ran it on all the
IPA servers with the third-party external CA certs, and they ran successfully.
Thanks Florence! I did not see any change after that. The only thing I hadn't
done was change the Server-Cert permissions. The kinit command still fails with
the DH verification error on the client even though the ticket is issued.

I also added a CNAME for the OCSP server listed in the cert and pointed it to a
real working IPA server instead of a retired one.