On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 8:14 PM Karim Bourenane via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I have follow the step from stepes from Freeipa web + Redhat to prepare the
> replicat by commands :
> DNS+Reverse :  OK
> On IPA Master : ipa-replica-prepare --password=XXXXX replicat.example.com
> Scp the Gpg file from the Master to slave/replicat  as root to /var/lib/ipa

This is not needed if your domain is running domain level 1.
This is explained in the official documentation:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/creating-the-replica

See:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/domain-level
and
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/domain-level-set
for more information on domain level.

Please check whether your domain is DL0 and DL1 first.

> On IPA Replicat : ipa-replica-install --password=XXXXX
> /var/lib/ipa/replica-fil.gpg --setup-kra --setup-ca --setup-dns
> --no-forwarders
>
> After several secondes, the installation stop on stage :
> [1/28] Configuring centificat server instaance
>
> The first ERROR line: ipaserver.install.dogtaginstance: CRITICAL Failed to
> configure CA instance: Command '/usr/sbin/pkispanw -s CA -f /tmp/tmMg7KE'
> returned non-zero exist statut 1
> The second ERROR line: ipaserver.install.dogtaginstance: CRITICAL See
> installation....

To diagnose this further we would need /var/log/ipa*log as noted in
the message - but see below.

> The third ERROR line : ipaserver.install.dogtaginstance:CRITICAL
>      [error] RuntimeError: CA configuration failed.
>
> My IPA Master was in Centos 7.3 IPA:v4.5.0
> The replica server in Centos 7.6 IPA:v4.6.4

You should upgrade the cluster so that all currently running hosts are
running the same system and packages before adding new hosts.

See also the considerations for updating IPA:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/linux_domain_identity_authentication_and_policy_guide/updating-migrating#update-ipa-prereqs