Charles Hedrick via FreeIPA-users <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
writes:

> I’d like to avoid having to use a second cache to armor 2FA
> requests. My impression was that SPAKE was supposed to fix this. I
> just installed a new kdc (replica of an old one) in Centos 8. It
> understands SPAKE, offering it as preauthebtication for normal
> users. But a user with 2FA is not offered SPAKE preach. I still have
> to use FAST.
>
> Have I misunderstood, or is extra configuration needed?

SPAKE is a variant preauthentication mechanism for acquiring TGTs.  It
is fully supported in el8.  However, what you're looking for is an
appropriate 2FA mechanism - currently none of those have been created
yet.

What you're after is a planned future goal (but requires me to have more
time to work on it :) ).

Thanks,
--Robbie